The Fund for the Arts Kicks Off 2020 Campaign
Community encouraged to engage and participate in a multitude of ways
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (January 28, 2020) – Today, the Fund for the Arts formally kicked off its 2020 annual campaign, continuing its focus on expanding access to and harnessing the impact of the arts across Greater Louisville.
The 2020 campaign aims to not only raise funds but also to inspire the community to engage the power of the arts and support the organization’s goal to bring more arts and cultural experiences to every neighborhood, building stronger, more inclusive, and vibrant communities for generations to come. The arts drive nearly half a billion dollars in annual economic impact, enhance educational opportunities, and increase quality of life; the Fund for the Arts recognizes these impacts and is committed to supporting and growing Louisville’s arts and cultural scene each year.
“This is the exciting part,” said Christen Boone, President and CEO of the Fund for the Arts. “Every year, we see the possibilities a new campaign brings to our community. The opportunity to not only address our critical needs but also to imagine how Greater Louisville would look and feel to all of us if each one of our diverse neighborhoods were fully alive with arts and creativity.”
“Our community wins when everyone is a stakeholder in the arts,” said David Wombwell, Fund for the Arts 2020 Campaign Chairman. “The arts create a thriving city where people want to live and work, and we need citywide support and creativity to feel that impact.”
The Fund for the Arts has the highest per capita giving to any community-wide arts campaign in the country. It relies on the generosity of community members who can engage and participate in a multitude of ways.
Ways to Engage
• Give today online: When you make a gift to Fund for the Arts, you provide more art for more people in more places. https://fundforthearts.givingfuel.com/2020-ffta-campaign
• Start a workplace campaign: A workplace campaign is a fun and easy way to engage employees with their company and in their community. For as little as $1 per week through payroll deduction, workplaces can bring arts experiences to students across the region, fund innovative artists, and support art’s healing benefits in at-risk neighborhoods and care facilities. https://fundforthearts.org/support/workplace-giving/
• Facebook Giving: Use the “Raise money for a nonprofit” fundraising tool on your Facebook page to celebrate a personal milestone and select Fund for the Arts to encourage your friends and family to support the arts in our city.
• Arts Roundup: Visit participating locations in May and elect to round up your purchase to support Fund for the Arts (Locations to be announced at a later date)
• Awards in the Arts: The Awards in the Arts honors community arts leaders at its annual April event. Purchase 2020 tickets or Sponsorships to support local artists and the Fund for the Arts commitment to generating impactful arts experiences in our community. https://fundforthearts.org/awardsinthearts/
• Share for Change Challenge: By sharing how the arts impacted your life on Facebook, you can spur a cycle of sharing and giving. Join us in June by posting your arts story online, tagging your friends, and asking them to join you in supporting the Fund for the Arts with a donation of $10 or more.
• Affinity Groups: Affinity groups increase equity, diversity, and inclusion in our arts and culture community by harnessing and celebrating underrepresented perspectives and experiences. Making a donation to Fund for the Arts allows you to join one of our three affinity groups- https://fundforthearts.org/ffta-affinity-groups/
• Louisville Arts Link App: Download the Louisville Arts Link app on your mobile device to stay connected with arts and cultural events across the city. Donors to the Fund for the Arts of $52+ per year are eligible to receive Arts Card discounts to select performances, exhibits, and merchandise.
About Fund for the Arts
Fund for the Arts is a regional nonprofit with the mission to maximize the impact of the arts on economic development, education, and quality of life in our community. The Fund is a convener, promoter, leader, and driver of Imagine Greater Louisville 2020, the region’s arts & cultural plan. It facilitates the largest arts grant program in Kentucky as well as conducts one of the oldest united arts campaigns in the country. For more information, visit www.fundforthearts.org.