The class is comprised of 32 young professionals who are invested in enhancing their lives and the Greater Louisville community through the power of the arts.
NeXt is a nationally recognized program that spans 10 months, preparing the next generation of emerging professionals for volunteer leadership roles within the arts community.
The NeXt Ambassadors will delve into the heart of Louisville’s arts community, experience world-class arts events and behind-the-scenes access, network with high profile community leaders and learn where their skills are most needed.
Program sponsored by
Special Events sponsored by
One of the highlights of the NeXt program is to partner with selected local nonprofit organizations, with an emphasis on arts and culture, through hands-on teamwork and consultation. NeXt project consultations span an array of areas, but will most often fall into the categories of: collaborative initiatives, audience development, event management, program implementation, business operations, marketing, and communications, and philanthropy. NeXt ambassadors will experience the inner-workings of nonprofit organizations and use their skills to help advance local organizations’ needs.
The 2020 selected arts & culture nonprofit consultation projects are as follows:
• Abigail Minrath, Churchill Downs;
• Aimee Conrad-Hill, Yew Dell Botanical Gardens;
• Alexandra Molestina, LGE & KU;
• Amanda Egan, The Ogle Center at Indiana U. Southeast;
• Amanda Freibert, Brown-Forman;
• Amy Landon, Bernheim Arboretum;
• Anne Cole, Mercer;
• Benjamin Ruby, Stock Yards Bank & Trust;
• Brandon Harwood, University of Louisville;
• Bridget Pennington, American Commercial Barge Line;
• Carly Riggs, Down Syndrome of Louisville;
• Carolyn Michener, Stites & Harbison;
• Courtney Williams, Jefferson County Public Schools;
• Destiny Monyhan, Louisville Tourism;
• Elizabeth Feldpausch, The Glenview Trust Company;
• Elizabeth Fennell, Humana;
• Jessica Chu, YUM Brands;
• Jessica Dozier, Toptal;
• John Haley, Long John Silver’s;
• Josh Brock, Frost Brown Todd;
• Kayla Winfree, Verizon Wireless;
• Kiana Benhoff, Speed Art Museum;
• McKenzie Doss, BB&T;
• Michael Kopp, 1619 Flux;
• Oremeyi Kareem, VOME LLC;
• Rebecca Katz, Center for Interfaith Relations;
• Spencer Jenkins, Queer Kentucky;
• Steven Clark, Stoll Keenon Ogden;
• Tori Powell, Manna Inc.;
• Tyler Radford, Kentuckiana Works;
• William Kantlehner, Garrett Stotz;
•Clayton Rogers, Republic Bank & Trust.
Interested in applying to be a future NeXt Ambassador? Stay tuned for the application process to open in June 2020. Contact Nicole Humphrey, Engagement Manager at Nhumphrey@fundforthearts.org to learn more.