Description of Organization
Fund for the Arts is a regional nonprofit with the mission to maximize the impact of the arts on economic development, education, and quality of life in our community. The Fund is a convener, promoter, leader, and driver of Imagine Greater Louisville 2020, the region’s arts & cultural plan. It facilitates the largest arts grant program in Kentucky providing over 600 grants to organizations, artists, schools and other partners annually. The Fund for the Arts conducts one of the oldest united arts campaigns in the country, raising an average of more than $8 million each year from nearly 20,000 donors. For more information, visit www.fundforthearts.org.
Reporting to the Campaign Director and as a member of the Campaign Team, the Manager of Corporate and Employee Engagement seeks ways to deepen and expand involvement and support among the region’s businesses. Central to this position is helping to maintain and grow a solid base of employee donors. Primary opportunities for achieving growth targets in this position come from developing new business relationships, identifying and cultivating new relationships, improving donor acquisition and retention through stewardship and the deployment of strategic growth plans in established and target companies.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement inspiring and engaging workplace giving campaigns within companies that successfully increase dollars raised and participation. Build and maintain year-round relationships with key contacts at assigned companies, with increasing responsibility for shepherding $1-2MM annually. Identify opportunities for employee engagement and connections to the arts in our community.
- Motivate, engage, inform and support campaign coordinators at each company
- Work with the Senior Vice President to grow the leadership donors within assigned companies
- Manage a donor portfolio including the donors within assigned campaigns with particular attention to the leadership level, Farnsley Society ($1949)
- Manage a donor portfolio of corporate donors $5000 and below – cultivate, solicit, steward, grow
- Track, monitor and report campaign progress using CRM system and custom reports. Help maintain the accuracy and usefulness of the database by consistently documenting key touchpoints with donors and accurately entering and tracking prospects.
- Other duties as assigned, including occasional help on weekends or evenings at Fund for the Arts-sponsored events.
- Demonstrated ability to both listen and interact persuasively and personably with employees at all levels of organizations.
- Event planning and/or communications planning acumen and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success building, connecting, cultivating and stewarding new relationships with donors, volunteers and other stakeholders leading to measurable results.
- Ability to set goals and develop strategies for achieving them.
- Ability to recognize opportunity and make connections.
- Intellectual curiosity, analytical skills, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize against stated objectives, and work independently.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively and cooperatively with peers, across departments, and with other organizations and entities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success in managing those relationships in a warm and professional manner.
- Track record of sound judgment and decision-making.
- Openness to new ideas, coaching, and continual process improvement.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Fund for the Arts
About Your Benefits and Compensation
Competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
If you are interested, please forward a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements by October 18, 2019, to Billye Potts by email at email@example.com.