Fund for the Arts is a regional nonprofit committed to building a vibrant community through the power of the arts. With the help of nearly 20,000 donors, Fund for the Arts supports a range of arts organizations and drives accessibility across neighborhoods, schools, community center, senior care facilities, parks, libraries, public spaces, and more. We believe the arts fuel our regional economy, inspire student success, bring people together, and simply make Greater Louisville an amazing, unique community.
We lead innovation, inspire excellence and promote effective resource utilization. We build bridges and identify shared opportunity. You will join a team comprised of empowered and talented individuals: results-driven fundraisers, passionate donor stewards and strategic community connectors who believe in the power of philanthropy and envision a stronger, more vibrant community through the arts.
About the Job
The Impact Coordinator provides coordination of Fund for the Arts impact initiatives and investments in the areas of education, health, quality of place, and economic development in Greater Louisville and across the state. This position assists in the management of grant applications and funding opportunities that support cultural planning and community development. This position reports to the Impact Officer and works closely with all members of the Fund for the Arts.
- Assist in the measurement, tracking, and evaluation of the impact of arts and culture on the Greater Louisville community – across the arts and culture sector, for the Fund for the Arts, and with the organizations that we support
- Provide technical assistance to arts organizations to help them collect data and use data to drive community impact
- Support Fund for the Arts research efforts and data and metrics management using currently available tools to demonstrate the arts and culture sector’s impact on our region and points of intersection with other sectors
Initiative Management, Community Connections, and Grantmaking
- Coordinate and assist in the evaluation of impact initiatives that bring the arts to schools, community centers, senior care facilities, etc. This includes assisting in the oversight of:
- Every Child Arts Education Initiative: 5×5, Teacher Arts Grants (TAG), Delta Dental Making Smiles Happen® Arts in Education Initiative, School’s Out = Art’s In, Arts for Kosair Kids, Arts in Aging, and other special donor-designated initiatives as developed.
- Serve as a point of contact for grant applicants and grantees to answer inquiries about funding opportunities, and grant application and award requirements
- Manage Fund for the Arts online grantmaking software, GIFTS Online, and provide technical support to grant applicants and grantees in utilizing the system
- Support the Impact Officer in coordinating grant review committees and initiative advisory committees: scheduling meeting, coordinating logistics, printing documents, etc.
- Assist Impact Officer in optimizing, quantifying, and communicating internally and with the campaign team the outcomes of our strategic initiatives
- Support the campaign team in grant writing and grant reporting
- Work with the communications team to document compelling and persuasive stories resulting from our grantmaking.
- Work with the communications team to help systematize impact story collection.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field of study;
- 1+ years of program or grant management experience;
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs, including PowerPoint and Excel;
- Experience utilizing grant management database and/or maintaining program files; and
- Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends at events;
About Your Benefits and Compensation
Competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
If you are interested, please forward a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements by September 5, 2017 to Jill Ramsey by email at email@example.com. In your letter of interest, please detail the following:
- Why you are interested in working with the Fund for the Arts and specifically in this position?
- What skills and experiences do you uniquely bring that will ensure your success in this role?