Fund for the Arts is a regional nonprofit committed to building a vibrant community through the power of the arts. With the help of nearly 20,000 donors, Fund for the Arts supports a range of arts organizations and drives accessibility across neighborhoods, schools, community center, senior care facilities, parks, libraries, public spaces, and more. We believe the arts fuel our regional economy, inspire student success, bring people together, and simply make Greater Louisville an amazing, unique community.
We lead innovation, inspire excellence and promote effective resource utilization. We build bridges and identify shared opportunity. You will join a team comprised of empowered and talented individuals: results-driven fundraisers, passionate donor stewards and strategic community connectors who believe in the power of philanthropy and envision a stronger, more vibrant community through the arts.
About the Job
The Executive Assistant provides executive support to the CEO, the Executive Leadership Team, and the Board of Directors of the Fund for the Arts. This position reports to the Senior Vice President.
- Serve as Executive Assistant to the CEO & the Executive Leadership Team of the Fund for the Arts; schedule meetings and manage calendars.
- Assist and coordinate internal information & correspondence to FFTA team members. Will draft agendas for staff meetings and take minutes for follow up.
- Coordinate flow of information and project management between executive team members and leadership team/staff members
- Assist with prospect and donor research and manage reports as requested by executive leadership team members
- Assist with coordination of high-level donor and prospect engagement & meetings for CEO/SVP- assist with follow up. Schedule CEO & SVP campaign calls.
- Assist with strategic initiatives and project management, to include but not limited to: Jennifer Lawrence Arts Fund, Arts Master Plan, Public Funding initiative, Endowment & Planned Giving initiatives, and new high-level strategic relationships
- Assist and support proper engagement of high-level gift management
- Work closely with VP of Development & Manager of Events & Volunteers to ensure high-level relationships are engaged with senior leadership
- Work closely with Senior Vice President on public funding management & strategy. Will assist with scheduling meetings with Metro Council members. Will assist SVP with driving tasks with FFTA team members
- Address and print thank you notes and other correspondence as necessary.
- Manage expense and mileage reports.
- Work with the Controller to keep up the monthly credit card statements
- Answer phones and handle inquiries or direct to appropriate staff
- Assist with adding donor and meeting information to Razor’s Edge
- Coordinate scheduling of meeting spaces in FFTA offices
Board of Director Support
- Manage and track RSVPs from Board Members for meetings and events. This includes full board meetings, Executive committee and all other board committees in coordination with staff liaison.
- Send evites for all meetings to participants and reminders one week before each meeting.
- Coordinate logistics for Board Meetings including meeting space, food & beverages.
- Will provide all support to leadership for all board committee involvement, to include coordination of preparation of agendas, communication, taking RSVP’s, pre-read documents, taking notes, and preparing minutes. Example committees such as governance, executive committee, and others as needed.
- Provide a check-in sheet for all full, executive committee and all other committee meetings.
- Work with CEO and leadership team to ensure documents are printed and materials are available for board meetings. Will be responsible for all materials at board meetings and distribution at board meetings.
- Communicate pertinent information to FFTA team members, prior or after Board meetings- as directed by CEO
- Assist with Board member follow up on prospect meetings, coordinate w/VP of Development on outstanding asks/meetings; track campaign board involvement.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast pace environment, and works well under pressure
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Team player
- Experience in non-profit fundraising operation-preferable
- Love the arts!
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to Christen Boone, email@example.com by November 10, 2017. In your letter of interest, please detail the following: In your letter of interest, please detail the following:
- Why are you interested in working at the Fund for the Arts and specifically in this position?
- What skills and experiences do you uniquely bring that will ensure your success in this role?
Fund for the Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Fund for the Arts complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.