Fund for the Arts is a regional nonprofit committed to building a vibrant community through the power of the arts. With the help of nearly 20,000 donors, Fund for the Arts supports a range of arts organizations and drives accessibility across neighborhoods, schools, community center, senior care facilities, parks, libraries, public spaces, and more. We believe the arts fuel our regional economy, inspire student success, bring people together, and simply make Greater Louisville an amazing, unique community.
We lead innovation, inspire excellence and promote effective resource utilization. We build bridges and identify shared opportunity. You will join a team comprised of empowered and talented individuals: results-driven fundraisers, passionate donor stewards and strategic community connectors who believe in the power of philanthropy and envision a stronger, more vibrant community through the arts.
About the Job
The Communications and Engagement Coordinator will serve as a key member of the Communications and Engagement team, helping to create and execute a wide array of communications that grow Fund for the Arts’ brand awareness through consistent explanation of the Fund’s vision and its community impact; increase awareness of the Greater Louisville region as an arts destination; and propel an already successful arts sector to flourish in its marketing and engagement impact.
S/he will report directly to the Director of Communications and Engagement and will help craft strategy, content, and drive projects forward. The individual will help lead Fund for the Arts’ digital channels- including website, email communications, app, and social media.
Ideally, this individual will have experience in basic design (Adobe Creative Suite), wordpress management, and photography/videography.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead social media strategies through various platforms. Create events and content that allow Fund for the Arts to shine as a thought leader, event promoter, arts advocate and source of knowledge. Consistently grow new users year-over-year based on compelling content.
- Manage and produce content for Fund for the Arts main website including managing the production (including writing and editing) of all blogs
- Lead and grow events.fundforthearts.org/Louisville Arts Link (arts sector’s community calendar) through posting content, encouraging/reminding participation and supplementing blogs that make for a content-rich site for arts information.
- Creating/Editing of various newsletters
- Create design collateral (advertisements, flyers, infograhics, etc.)
- Develop the stories that allow Fund for the Arts impact to come to life – via campaign social media storytelling, share materials for all development team members, and recommendations for campaign video content, etc.
- Assist and collaborate with Campaign Team on the planning, coordinating and execution of various ad hoc campaign components.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field of study;
- 1+ years of marketing communications, English, and/or PR experience.
- Social media scheduling, posting, and evaluation experience
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs including PowerPoint and Excel (especially for communications plans)
- Proficiency in Google Docs + Google Sheets
- Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends at events and represent Fund for the Arts at the performances and events of our arts/cultural partners.
- Ideally, this individual will have background in Adobe In-Design, Illustrator, and other graphic design programs
Competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to Jill Ramsey, firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2017. In your letter of interest, please detail the following: In your letter of interest, please detail the following:
- Why you are interested in working at the Fund for the Arts and specifically in this position?
- What skills and experiences do you uniquely bring that will ensure your success in this role?
Fund for the Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Fund for the Arts complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.