Description of Organization
Fund for the Arts is a regional nonprofit with the mission to maximize the impact of the arts on economic development, education, and quality of life in our community. The Fund is a convener, promoter, leader, and driver of Imagine Greater Louisville 2020, the region’s arts & cultural plan. It facilitates the largest arts grant program in Kentucky providing over 600 grants to organizations, artists, schools and other partners annually. The Fund for the Arts conducts one of the oldest united arts campaigns in the country, raising an average of $9 million each year from approximately 20,000 donors. For more information, visit www.fundforthearts.org.
Fund for the Arts is seeking an energetic and self-motivated professional for the position of Director of Communications. Reporting to and partnering with the President and CEO, the Director of Communications will provide leadership and communications expertise to strengthen and enhance marketing strategies and communications capacities in the organization’s overall strategy. The Director of Communications will continue to develop a coherent and consistent brand identity and cultivate relationships with media and other partners. In addition, the Director of Communications will work closely with a motivated and engaged leadership team.
Specific responsibilities include:
Marketing and Advertising
- Work with the CEO to develop and execute an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to increase public awareness of the Fund for the Arts mission throughout the region
- Develop and oversee annual marketing and communications budget
- Develop short and long term accountability metrics and time lines for marketing and communications
- Coordinate vendor relationships as they relate to marketing/communications: copywriters, designers, videographers, photographers, social media influencers, etc.
- Develop marketing materials including: presentations, newsletters, photos, videos, and any other medium required to effectively market the Fund for the Arts
- Develop and produce internal materials in support of the annual Fund for the Arts campaign
- Cultivate and manage partnerships for in-kind marketing and communications services
- Build relationships with marketing staff of regional attractions to increase partnerships with arts organizations and donor rewards benefits
- Manage promotional giveaways to create awareness and build the Fund for the Arts brand
- Manage marketing communications projects as required
- Develop and refine Fund for the Arts core messaging
- Coordinate social media efforts and create content for online properties to engage target audience
- Build media relationships and distribute key organizational success stories and messages through press releases and other relevant marketing platforms
- Write and deploy press releases as related to Fund for the Arts and partner organization initiatives
- Work with Communications and Engagement Committee to develop opportunities for opinion editorials about the arts
- Act as liaison with marketing and communications staff of local arts groups
- Seek out relevant award opportunities / write and submit applications.
Digital Asset Management
- Maintain website development, including ensuring security, updates, and blog posts
- Oversee the continued development of the “Louisville Arts Link” app
- Manage Communications and Engagement Coordinator
- Manage Communications & Engagement interns or volunteers
The Director of Communications will be a seasoned and professional leader with 5-10 years’ experience in marketing, advertising, public relations or general brand management. He or she will have experience managing budgets, employees, websites and vendor relations.
The Director of Communications will have the following experience and attributes:
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations or Communications; an MBA or Masters in Communications would be a plus
- Forward thinking individual with respect to design and innovation
- Exceptional writing skills with an energetic style and “voice” which communicates the vibrancy of the organization
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be seen as a team player who is committed to lifelong learning
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to step back and review the big picture but also willing to get into the details and work directly on projects as needed
- Flexible self-starter who works independently, but also thrives in a team environment, sharing ideas and working collaboratively
- Ability to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish good working relationships with staff, colleagues, news media, donors, consultants, volunteers and a wide variety of members of the community
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to the Fund’s mission
Benefits and Compensation
Competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
Inquiries, please forward a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements by April 19, 2019 to Billye Potts by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fund for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer.