Description of Organization
Fund for the Arts is a regional nonprofit with the mission to maximize the impact of the arts on economic development, education, and quality of life in our community. The Fund is a convener, promoter, leader, and driver of Imagine Greater Louisville 2020, the region’s arts & cultural plan. It facilitates the largest arts grant program in Kentucky providing over 600 grants to organizations, artists, schools and other partners annually. The Fund for the Arts conducts one of the oldest united arts campaigns in the country, raising an average of more than $8 million each year from nearly 20,000 donors. For more information, visit www.fundforthearts.org.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Campaign Director will be responsible for the successful execution of the annual community-wide campaign. This is an exciting time to lead the annual campaign for the Fund for the Arts. S/He will be a member of the leadership team, working closely with the President & CEO, Senior Vice President, senior leadership and the Board of Directors to meet the goals of the annual campaign.
The 2019 Campaign by the Numbers
Individual & Foundation 19%
Special Gifts 8%
Event – Awards in the Arts, net 3%
The Campaign Director will have the following experience and attributes:
• 7-plus years of demonstrated experience in fundraising or sales
• Bachelor’s degree
• Accomplished metrics-driven leader
• Superb manager who is an inspiring coach and mentor
• A builder with a demonstrated ability to bring organizations to new levels of success
• Collaborator who works successfully with colleagues, volunteers, and high-level board members
• Ability to be nimble and pivot in response to opportunities
• A superb colleague who enjoys and is inspired by energetic and collaborative leadership
• An accomplished fundraiser or salesperson with a track record soliciting and closing major gifts or sales
• Outstanding verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with donors, volunteers, institutional leaders, faculty, and staff
• A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
• Needs to be seen as a team player who is committed to lifelong learning
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to Fund’s mission
About Your Benefits and Compensation
Competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
If you are interested, please forward a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements by October 18, 2019 to Billye Potts by email at email@example.com.