- Arts Discipline: French Horn
- College Attending: Northwestern University
- Number of Years of Study: 7 years
*Update as of March 20: Fund for the Arts has been monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 situation, and with this in mind we are extending the application deadline to Monday, April 6, at 11:59 PM. We recognize that this situation is evolving, and should that deadline need to change again we will provide updates at that time.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to Jamie Monck at firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your flexibility and patience!*
The William Tolbert Whittenberg Scholarship for Performing Arts Excellence awards young artists up to $10,000 to pursue advanced study in the performing arts.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• From the Greater Louisville region
– Greater Louisville is defined as Jefferson, Bullitt, Shelby, Spencer and Oldham Counties in Kentucky and Clark and Floyd Counties in Indiana.
• Between the ages of 16 and 20
• Must plan to pursue a professional career in the performing arts
• Scholarship up to $10,000
• Scholarship funds must solely be used for advanced professional training in the performing arts, such as:
– Training Experience (tuition, apprenticeship, seminar, workshop, etc.)
– Accommodation & Living Costs (rent, meals, communication, etc.)
• The award may NOT be used for the purchase of instruments or equipment.
• Funds will not be awarded if such award will reduce or replace other financial support available to the applicant.
How to Apply
To start a new application, CLICK HERE
To access a saved application, CLICK HERE
Be prepared to provide:
-Recordings need not be professionally produced, but take care to ensure they are of the best possible quality.
-If you need help creating your recordings please email Jamie at email@example.com.
-Description of performing arts goals and financial need
-Artistic Resume conveying performance and relevant history and experience.
-Description of how funds will be used (tuition for school, training camp, etc.)
Payment will be submitted directly to the facility or organization providing the advanced professional training. Additional details provided upon notification.
Scholarship Recipient Requirements
• Write thank you letter to Ms. Joan Whittenberg, who has, along with her family, generously made this scholarship possible for more than 30 years
• Write a letter to FFTA providing an update on professional personal accomplishments
• Stay in touch with the FFTA through direct correspondence and/or social media
• Additional details provided upon receiving the award
Questions? Please contact Jamie Monck at firstname.lastname@example.org or
The scholarship is made possible by the generous support of Joan Whittenberg in honor of William Tolbert Whittenberg.
Our initiative fulfills the following priorities: