Louisville’s Awards in the Arts celebrates the extraordinary arts community in the Greater Louisville region and the arts tremendous contribution to our unique cultural landscape and quality of place. But most of all, Louisville’s Awards in the Arts were established to celebrate the artists themselves, their talent and passion, to create, produce and present transformative and inspiring works of arts, in and for our community.Louisville’s Awards in the Arts will be presented at Churchill Downs on April 27, 2019.
Click here to start a new application Click here to continue working on a saved application
Nominate an Individual
Individuals may be nominated for the following awards:
- Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an individual artist, performer, or craftsman who has demonstrated lifetime achievement in the arts in Greater Louisville.
- Emerging Leader Award recognizes an individual artist, performer, or craftsman who excelled as an emerging leader in his/her discipline early in his/her career, aged 40 and under.
- National Arts Advocacy Award recognizes an outstanding advocate who is championing the arts nationally. The artist should be from Louisville, living in Louisville, or have strong ties to Louisville.
- National Award recognizes an individual artist, performer, or craftsman who has achieved national prominence for his/her work. The artist should be from Louisville, living in Louisville, or have lived a significant part of his/her life working in Louisville.
Nominate an Individual or an Organization
Individuals or organizations may be nominated for the following awards:
- Arts Impact Award recognizes an individual or organization who has created significant impact in the community through the arts. The impact could be wide (reaching a great number of people through their work) or deep (reaching a small number of people through their art more regularly).
- Arts Innovation Award recognizes an individual or organization who is fueling innovative work in the arts.
- Arts Education Award recognizes an individual or organization who is helping to educate and inspire our community’s children through the arts.
Deadline to Submit Nominations
Nominations are due no later than 11:59pm, February 8, 2019.
Please contact Morgan Eklund at (502) 882-8697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.