Fund for the Arts is a regional nonprofit committed to building a vibrant community through the power of the arts. With the help of nearly 20,000 donors, Fund for the Arts supports a range of arts organizations and drives accessibility across neighborhoods, schools, community center, senior care facilities, parks, libraries, public spaces, and more. We believe the arts fuel our regional economy, inspire student success, bring people together, and simply make Greater Louisville an amazing, unique community.
We lead innovation, inspire excellence and promote effective resource utilization. We build bridges and identify shared opportunity. You will join a team comprised of empowered and talented individuals: results-driven fundraisers, passionate donor stewards and strategic community connectors who believe in the power of philanthropy and envision a stronger, more vibrant community through the arts.
About the Job
The Manager of Events & Volunteers provides coordination of activities and events that support the cultivation & stewardship of donors & volunteers. Programs include: NeXt program for local professionals, NeXt Gen Board, Volunteer Match, annual campaign kick-off, annual campaign celebration, Labor Advisory Board, annual Awards in the Arts at Churchill Downs, annual Opening Night at Churchill Downs, leadership giving societies, and the Internship program. This position will support the CEO with occasional mission driven, strategic donor and/or volunteer events that support FFTA role in driving the city’s arts master plan. This position reports to the Senior Vice President and will work closely with all members of the Fund for the Arts Leadership Team.
For All Events (Coordination)
- Provide administrative and logistical support for FFTA stewardship and public events, as identified in the annual and shared Event Matrix- developed by all team members each year.
- Utilizing the Event Matrix and working with FFTA team member responsible, this position will run the invitation lists, work with the Communications & Engagement Manager to design the invite and mail the invitations.
- Take RSVPs and track attendance
- Coordinate catering, AV and other logistics for the event
- Events will range in size from large public events 1000+ to intimate donor dinners 10-12 people
- Manage overall budget for each respective event
- Responsible for all aspects of event planning: location, program, agenda, speakers, communication, performance, and coordination of communications/PR/promotion/media plan
NeXt + NeXtGen Coordination
NeXt is a nationally recognized program dedicated to preparing the next generation of professionals for volunteer leadership roles within the arts community. Participants will embark on an immersive, 10-month journey experiencing all aspects of cultural engagement. Throughout the program, NeXt Ambassadors will network with high profile community leaders, take on rewarding arts-focused projects that have real impact on arts organizations, enjoy world-class arts events, learn where their talents are most needed, and become a defining voice in the future of the arts. For more information, go to www.fundforthearts.org/NeXt
- Manage program planning, communication and program delivery for NeXt meetings, which are monthly ½ day meetings
- Work with leadership team and NeXtGen board president to coordinate NeXtGen planning
- Coordinate NeXt meeting locations, catering, program, agenda, content, and speaker coordination.
- Manage annual recruitment and selection process for incoming NeXt class members and coordinate annual NeXt graduation ceremony
- Manage arts project selection and group project support for NeXt
- Manage annual budget and coordinate overall communications, media, promotion strategy for NeXt
- Develop and grow an alumni program, working with NeXtGen leadership
The mission of NeXtGen is to cultivate resources, experiences and events to connect Louisville’s emerging leaders with its arts and cultural community, inspiring the next generation of philanthropic and cultural leaders. The NeXtGen Board is comprised of graduates of the NeXt program. The Board has recently added a lot of structure and regular attendance guidelines. For each of the below priorities there are committee chairs.
- NeXtGen meetings are monthly, one hour.
- NeXtGen’s priorities are: NeXt Support & Recruitment: Recruiting projects and future NeXt members, selecting NeXt class projects, mentoring project teams -Alumni Engagement: Maintaining engagement with NeXt program graduates
- Alumni Engagement: Maintaining engagement with NeXt program graduates
- Community Engagement: Working with other young professional arts organizations, promoting the Farnsley by 40 Program
Awards in the Arts & Opening Night at Churchill Downs
- In conjunction with leadership team as well as host committee, manage & coordinate planning for 2018 Awards in the Arts & Opening Night at Churchill Downs. Will be responsible for managing the logistics and coordinating all aspects of the evening.
- Create timeline for entire scope of event w/actions steps for team members
- Committee support, attend meetings, draft agendas, complete minutes
- Work with Artist Curator for Opening Night to coordinate event production, selection of artists, Churchill logistics, Artist Breakfast at Churchill Downs and selection of artist for creation of actual awards
- Coordinate artist nomination process for awards, sponsorship materials & tracking, and ticket sales
- Coordinate SWAG bag assembly & delivery process
- Coordinate vendor options for activities, and compile easy-to-use format for decision making & tracking for core committee.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment for Awards in the Arts & Opening Night
- Assist with night of logistics including event layouts, maps, setup needs, food & drink selections, comprehensive day of schedule, day of set up and breakdown, event flow & execution
- Coordinate sponsor/donor follow up, RE coding, and stewardship
Leadership Giving Societies
- Manage volunteer committees for each of the three individual leadership giving societies
- Coordinate meeting locations, program, agenda, and minutes & possible donor events for each
- Work with leadership team, committees to help track goals, follow up, meetings/scheduling
- Collect intern job descriptions from FFTA team members
- Coordinate job postings, organize applications, schedule interviews and manage correspondence
- Schedule and manage intern orientation days and serve as the main point of contact for interns and for the FFTA internship program
Annual Campaign Kick-Off & Annual Campaign Celebration
- Work with FFTA leadership and entire FFTA staff members to coordinate the planning and execution of both events.
- Kick-off is held in January or February each year and the celebration is held in June or July
- Will work closely with VP of Development & Workplace Giving Team
Labor Advisory Board
- In conjunction with CEO, manage meeting planning, communication and follow up for Labor Advisory Board
- Coordinate meeting locations, program, agenda, and meeting minutes.
- Facilitate follow up or actions steps with internal communication between FFTA leadership team members
- Will work to develop a process for providing donors & volunteers with volunteer opportunities throughout the arts community
- Volunteer Match is an online portal. This position will help develop a process of promotion, placement, and coordination of volunteer opportunities
- Develop employee engagement program to include group and individual volunteer opportunities for corporate partners
- Coordinate a volunteer board matching program to support arts organizations with volunteers
- Create and manage an online volunteer match portal
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent organization skills
- The ability to carry out a number of tasks at the same time
- Good communication and people skills
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good negotiation, sales, and marketing skills
- Budget awareness
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising operation- preferable
- Team player and enjoys working with and managing volunteers/people
- Love the arts!
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to Jill Ramsey, firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2017. In your letter of interest, please detail the following: In your letter of interest, please detail the following:
- Why you are interested in working at the Fund for the Arts and specifically in this position?
- What skills and experiences do you uniquely bring that will ensure your success in this role?
Fund for the Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Fund for the Arts complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.